Associated Sales Tax Consultants
Your Complete Sales and Use Tax Resource
- Audit Management
- Refund Claims & Reverse Audits
- Litigation Support
- Settlements & Compromises
- Aircraft & Vessel Exemptions
- Compliance & Nexus Studies
- Research, Training, and Partnering With Professionals
In Any and All States
Whether it’s called a sales tax, transaction privilege tax, gross receipts tax, general excise tax, or any other name, and
Whether the Board of Equalization, Department of Revenue, State Comptroller’s Office, State Tax Commission, or any other agency enforces the tax,
We can help you negotiate your state’s maze of regulations and minimize your tax burden.
Associated Sales Tax Consultants, Inc. was founded in 1980 by a former auditor of the California State Board of Equalization, as a response to the unequal struggles he had witnessed between business people and the state’s sales tax "audit machine." In the years that followed, ASTC’s activities expanded to incorporate a full range of multistate sales and use tax services.
Between 1980 and the present, ASTC has represented thousands of taxpayers before multiple state tax agencies. We have serviced clients ranging from sole proprietors to multinational corporations and have represented virtually every type of business that is subject to sales and use tax.
On January 1, 2007, ASTC expanded into two entities that now work together to provide two categories of specialized services:
- Operating under the Associated Sales Tax Consultants business name, McClellan Davis LLC offers multistate sales and use tax audit defense, reverse audits, compliance services, nexus studies, and general sales and use tax consulting. The biographies of the principals may be found under the “Audit Services” subheading on our home page.
- The original corporation, Associated Sales Tax Consultants Inc., now specializes in assisting prospective buyers and/or sellers of aircraft, vessels, and large recreational vehicles to avoid or minimize California sales and use tax.
ASTC’s audit, refund, and compliance division offers sales and use tax services to businesses operating in every applicable state. Our consultants will work from our offices, travel to your location, or both, depending on which approach will provide optimal solutions to your sales tax dilemmas.